Callahan Creek named Adweek's best agency in Kansas.
If you want to work at Callahan Creek, you’ve made a wise choice, my friend. Every day here is a super-crazy-exhilarating-frustrating-exciting mound of advertising and marketing. In other words, great people trying to do great things. If all this sounds good, it should – after all, we do this for a living. But don’t take our word for it, check with Adweek, who named us THE agency to work for in Kansas in their United States of Ad Agencies.
And then send in your resume/portfolio to email@example.com, ’cause we want to hear from you.
Copywriters are responsible for conceptual development and writing for print, web, broadcast, direct, interactive, collateral, as well as any non-traditional vehicles. The primary purpose of the copywriter is to create concepts and executions are simple, memorable and make our clients the envy of their categories.
Additionally, copywriters are expected to professionally present their own work, to both internal and external audiences. They are also charged with acting as guardians of our client partner’s brands.View Full Description
1. Deliver expertise on assigned business
- Understands wants and needs of target audience, business needs and the competitive landscape of assigned clients.
- Collaborates with appropriated staff members in all areas – strategy, creative, media – to achieve simple and memorable concepts and copy that drives success for our clients and makes them the envy of their category.
3. Strategic Thinking
- Provides strategic ideas and concepts that solve client problems – both for assigned work and proactively.
- Provides creative solutions through different media; newspapers, radio, television, interactive and emerging new media, billboards, direct mail, cinema, catalogs and in-store displays.
- Must be able to concept and compose brochures, annual reports, press releases, speeches and other sales and promotional material, with organization and reader comprehension top of mind.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, advertising or related field is a plus, but not a requirement.Skills Required:
- Must be conceptual thinker and possess outstanding written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Must be strategic in the areas of both marketing as well as messaging.
- Must be well organized, able to meet deadlines and implement multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Must be able to create simple, memorable messaging that makes our clients the envy of their category.
The VP, Channel Planning leads the department that includes all communication channels (paid, owned and earned). The primary purposes of the department are to connect the message with the target audience and motivate them to action (purchase and brand advocacy). The VP, Channel Planning promotes integration between the Brand Strategy, Content and Channel Planning teams to accomplish the best and most innovative ideation to achieve client KPIs and the best possible ROI. The VP, Channel Planning ensures best-in-class services in each specialized departmental discipline through a combination of staff, external resources and the best use of tools/technology.View Full Description
strategic resources to best service client needs:
- Re-defines the concept of “media: to include both paid and non-paid channels; both offline and online.
- Creates and communicates a POV that establishes the standards for channel planning as an agency function.
- Works with analytics function at the agency to help establish KPIs before campaigns commence, and assess the effectiveness of the agency’s communications programs in real time to continually optimize the effectiveness of the agency’s work.
integration between content and channel planning teams
- Works with brand strategists, research, account planning and analytics to gain an understanding of how, when, and where consumers get information about and come in contact with the client’s brand.
- Promote and lead collaboration and ideation between departments.
delivery innovation and tools
- Oversees the assessment, planning, and placement of all forms of paid media, including mass, alternative, addressable and online.
- Comprehensive understanding of the full range of paid media planning and buying tools (MRI, comScore, Strata, Nielsen, Arbitron, etc.).
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for non-paid media exposure for the brand.
- Works with the rest of the agency team to create and invent new, non-traditional forms of branded content and brand exposure ideas.
- Helps build and sustain strong client relationships.
- Identifies and manages key partners and vendors in various disciplines to provide best service to clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, media, business administration or equivalent. Advanced degree a plus.
- 7+ years advertising agency or equivalent marketing experience.
- Extensive digital marketing and media experience required, including strategy, implementation and production.
- Working knowledge of all paid, owned and earned communication channels including traditional and digital media, search, social media, direct/addressable/CRM, in-store marketing, viral marketing, etc.
- Experience with analytics tools and best practice.
- Leadership team and departmental supervisory experience preferred.