Callahan Creek named Adweek's best agency in Kansas.
If you want to work at Callahan Creek, you’ve made a wise choice, my friend. Every day here is a super-crazy-exhilarating-frustrating-exciting mound of advertising and marketing. In other words, great people trying to do great things. If all this sounds good, it should – after all, we do this for a living. But don’t take our word for it, check with Adweek, who named us THE agency to work for in Kansas in their United States of Ad Agencies.
And then send in your resume/portfolio to email@example.com, ’cause we want to hear from you.
Working in conjunction with Creative Directors and writers, senior art directors are responsible for conceptual development and execution of print, broadcast, direct, interactive, collateral and non-traditional work for their teams’ clients. They constantly strive to create communications that align with Callahan Creek’s goal of simple clear and memorable messaging that makes waves for our clients. Additionally, art directors are expected to professionally present their own work to both internal and external audiences. They are also charged with supervising designers, production artists, illustrators and photographers as they act as guardians of our client partners’ consistent and equitable brand communication.View Full Description
- Collaborates with a copywriter to develop concepts that connect with the end user and effectively sell the client’s product or service.
- Sketches thumbnails and translates them to the computer, or works with designer or production artist to develop final designs. Works with a production artist to finalize and file prep all artwork.
- Concepts and designs creative solutions through different media including, but not limited to, newspapers, radio, television, interactive or rich media, billboards, direct mail, cinema, catalogs and in-store displays. Designs typography, arrangement of elements, style of illustration or photography that best achieves the desired effect.
- Works with the print production manager to determine the size, shape, ink colors, paper stock, bindery and output that best achieve the desired effect within the provided budget. Checks internal and external vendor proofs as they are routed through the production process.
- Works with outside vendors (freelancers, photographers, illustrators, pre-press houses, printing presses) to develop the highest quality product while collaborating with art buyer to negotiate final cost and details for contracted services.
- Inspires others to solve problems by thinking in new and different way. Mentors and others in the creative staff. Professionally presents own creative work to both internal and external audiences.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in graphic/advertising design, fine arts or related field is a plus, but not a requirement.
- 7+ years advertising agency or related experience.
- Front end web design experience
- Digital content creation experience
- Must be a conceptual thinker and possess outstanding written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Must be well organized, able to meet deadlines and implement multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Must be able to create simple, clear and memorable messaging that makes waves for our clients.
- Must be proficient in Freehand/Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
The Senior Account Manager’s role is similar to that of Account Manager. While they still manage the day-to-day activities of the account, their experience and expertise allows them to provide strategic leadership to the client and the agency internal teams.
Responsible for daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts. They ensure the timelines, cost-effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the agency’s work to promote a positive client relationship. The Sr. Account Manager interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through the agency on behalf of the clients. They participate in the development of strategic plans and they are responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.View Full Description
- Understand client needs and provide strategic perspective to both clients and internal teams; offer alternative viewpoints with solid rationale when appropriate. Identify ways to increase exposure and influence with clients.
- Work with clients and internal teams to set realistic expectations, timelines, and budgets.
- Provide proactive communications and respond promptly to client-initiated interaction.
- Oversee projects to ensure deadlines are met within estimate; work with Account Coordinators and Account Managers to document work.
- Maintain positive agency image at all times with clients; handle difficult situations with poise and integrity.
- Provide marketing expertise through a commitment to continuous professional learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business communications, public relations, business administration or equivalent.
- Five to seven years advertising agency or equivalent marketing experience where excellent client/customer service has been critical to job function.
- Proficient marketing communications planning.
- Consumer Product Goods (CPG) background with traditional and non-traditional media, budgeting, and project management skills.
- Shopper Marketing and Merchandising experience a plus.
- Companion Animal Health experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must possess superior written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Must be well organized, able to meet deadlines and demonstrate tact and diplomacy.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to delegate, as well as assume responsibilities as assigned by Account Supervisor/Account Group Director.